Orange and Shrimp Skewers
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2-3 navel oranges (divided)
- 24 large raw peeled shrimp with tails off (about 24 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut 1 orange in slices and than quarter each slice.
- Zest the second orange.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Squeeze juice from second orange in a resealable bag and add shrimp, garlic and olive oil.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible let marinade 1-3 hours in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and place rack 4 inches from heating element.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and drain of excess liquid.
- Build your skewers with 3 shrimp and 2 orange slices onto each skewer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.Broil skewers until shrimp is down turning half way through (1 1/2 – 2 minutes per side).
Source: Clean Eating