Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Oranges
Meal: Lunch, Side,
Prep Time: 12 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 MInutes
- 1 3/4 Large raw peeled shrimp with rails on or off
- 2 Naval oranges, divided
- 10 oz spinach (about 14 cups loosley packed)
- 2 Cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add shrimp and garlic and cook until shrimp is opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse shrimp with cold water and set aside to cool.
- Make dressing: Zest 1 orange.
- Halve zested orange and squeeze to yield 1/4 cup juice.
- In a small bowl, combine zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in oil.
- Set dressing aside.
- Peel and cut remaining orange into bite-size pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with about 2/3 dressing.
- Divide salad among 4 plates.
- Top with shrimp and orange pieces, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Source: Clean Eating Magazine