Kale Waldorf Salad
Meal: Side Dish
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 Cups packed finley chopped raw kale, preferably dinosaur kale
- 1 Large red apple
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 Cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tbsp. raisins, divided
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp. sea salt
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- Chop half the apple and add to kale along with celery, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins.
- Chop remaining half of apple and put in a blender along with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts, remaining 2 tablespoons raisins, mustard, water, vinegar and salt. Purée until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if needed to thing.
- Pour dressing over kale salad and toss to combine.