Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 package bacon, cooked and chopped
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, chopped
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, small spouts left whole, larger spouts halved
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 2-4 cups of chicken broth, depending if you want it more like a soup
- 1 lb Grilled Chicken, seasoned to taste
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Brown bacon in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Add onions to the pan and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels spouts and coat in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth.
- Bring broth to a bubble, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Chop grilled chicken into similar sized pieces as the sprouts and combine with bacon and sprouts.
- Transfer serving dish with a slotted spoon and top with cooked bacon bits.