Thai Shrimp Soup with Cilantro and Lime
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half rings
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add ginger and onion, cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes or until fragrant
- Add broth, fish sauce and red pepper flakes and bring to a low boil.
- Add cabbage and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lime zest and lime juice.
- Cook just until shrimp turns pink.
- Serve hot sprinkled with cilantro or scallions.