Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower with Bacon Dressing
Meal: Side Dish
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 Pound of fresh brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 Head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 Cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 10 Slices of bacon
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- Heat oven to 450˚F. In a large roasting pan, toss brussle sprouts, cauliflower, 1/4 cup of olive oil and the maple syrup. Spread veggies on a single layer.
- Roast uncovered 45 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes, until veggies are tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 15 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside. Transfer 2 tablespoons bacon drippings to small bowl; stir in vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over roasted veggies. Add bacon, parsley, and thyme; toss to coat.