Walnut Meal Brownies
Meal: Baked Goods, Dessert
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cup walnut meal (purchased or ground in a food processor)
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Butter for greasing pan
- Adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch backing pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients until well blended.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs for one minute, then add coconut milk, honey or maple syrup and whisk again.
- Add melted coconut or olive oil and whisk until wet ingredients are completely blended.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and whisk well; be sure to scrape the sides and bowl bowl bottom so no pockets of dry ingredient remain.
- Batter will be thinner consistency than conventional brownies.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of batter.
- Bake: 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Source: The Primal Blueprint Cookbook