Paleo Mashed Cauliflower
Meal: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 heads of cauliflower (~2 bags of pre-cut)
- 7 cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped chives or green onions
- 1 cup crumbled fresh cooked bacon (extra crispy) (~ 10 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper
- Cut cauliflower into floret pieces. Bring large port of water to boil, add cauliflower to boiling water. Boil for approximately 7-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute the chopped garlic, 1/2 the chives or green onion and olive oil in a separate pan. Saute for a few minutes and then add cooked bacon (diced). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from water and drain of water. Mash the soft cauliflower until has texture of mashed potatoes. Mix in olive oil/garlic/chives/green onion/bacon and top with black pepper.