Pecan Crusted Tilapia
You Need per person/serving:
- 1 piece of fish of choice (flounder, whiting or cod recommended)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 egg per every 2 servings
- salt, pepper, and garlic, to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pecans or a mixture, ground into a meal in a food processor or blender
- lettuce or spinach
- pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra pecans for salad (optional)
- balsamic vinegar or homemade dressing of choice (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and make sure fish is defrosted if using frozen.
- While heating, whisk eggs until smooth in a bowl and put walnut/pecan meal mixture on a large plate.
- Dredge each piece of fish in egg mixture and then dip in the walnut/pecan meal mix. Nut mixture will not stick as well as flour and this is ok. You should have some leftover nut meal after lightly coating the fish.
- Carefully place each piece in a large baking dish.
- After all fish is in dish, put any remaining nut meal mixture on top of fish and pat down.
- Put fish into oven and bake 15-20 minutes until cooked through and starting to flake.
- While cooking, prepare salad by washing spinach and lettuce and topping with desired toppings: pumpkin seeds, nuts, feta cheese, olive oil, and homemade dressing of choice.
- Serve and Enjoy