Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion cut into wedges
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 450˚. Lightly spray 2 pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, onion, 2 tbsp of the oil and 3/4 tsp of the salt. Arrange vegetables in single layer in pans.
- Roast uncovered 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.s Crumble bacon and set aside. Reserver 2 tbsp of the drippings in a skillet. Add the remaining 1/4 cup oil, remaining 3/4 tsp salt, the vinegar, mustard and pepper to drippings in skillet; stir well.
- Transfer vinaigrette to large bowl. Add roasted sweet potatoes, onion, bacon, pecans and raisins; toss gently to coat.