*Use this time to work on a movement/ technique you’ve been wanting to improve, hit a strength set, do a benchmark, mobilize from the rough week, or just come in and hangout with cool people! Whatever you need, we’re here for ya!
or, if you can convince another cool person to complete a team WOD with you, try this on for size:
In teams of 2, complete the following WODs:
1:00 Max Effort Double-unders
1:00 Max Effort Toes-2-bar
*Only 1 athlete per team, per Max Effort. Score is total reps done.
Affiliate Cup Stadium WOD from the 2009 CrossFit Regionals
Complete the following for time:
30 Wallballs (20lbs/14lbs) each, then all four athletes complete all four of:
30 Box jumps (24″)
30 KB swings (24kg/16kg)
30 DB Push press / Push jerk (40lbs/25lb)
Then 30 Deadlifts (225lbs/135lbs) each
Practice thrusters (unloaded)
5 min AMRAP of:
Log rolls (length of mat)
Balance Beam x 1
Practice thrusters (dumb bells)
7 min AMRAP of:
Somersaults (length of mat)
7 Parallette tuck (7 sec)
7 Thrusters (dumb bells)
*Work hard on technique and beautiful movement and you will be allowed to complete a 2-rep max lift!
Study Session: SAT Question of the Day
Mathematics > Standard Multiple Choice
What is the area of the triangle in the figure above?
The 2013 CrossFit Open
As you all know by now, the Open starts next week. You’ve all been patient enough, so here’s what you can expect from the Open this year:
1. We will be open every Sat for everybody competing in the Open to perform the WOD assigned that week.
2. WODs will be posted every Wed night for that upcoming Sat.
3. We will need help judging, completing the online judging course offered by CrossFit, found here, is recommended but not required. Please give your certificates to Chris or Ryan once completed.
4. All levels of CrossFitters are encouraged to participate in the Open. We will allow scaled versions of the WODs and have a full Rx and Scaled leaderboard at the box.
5. It is a fun way to share in a competitive experience with your fellow CFFers and test yourself for 5 weeks!
6. More detailed info to come…