5 sets of 4 reps @ 75%
3 rounds of:
10 Box Jumps 30/24
3 rounds of:
10 Box Jumps
Coconut Encrusted Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
6-8 Large Organic Chicken Tenders
6-8 Uncured Bacon Slices (pork or turkey)
4 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
½ cup shredded coconut and 2 Tbsp. coconut flour (we couldn’t find pure shredded coconut so we bought coconut flakes and blended them in a food processor)
sea salt and pepper to taste
paprika and garlic powder to taste
2 Tbsp. Parsley
1. Prepare the coconut coating: in a large bowl add coconut shreds, flour, and spices. Mix around with fork or hands.
2. Prepare the chicken: Small bite-size tender (cut from large) with about ¼ bacon strip, skewer to hold with 4 pieces. Lay the bacon strip on a cutting board to measure the size of your tender. Cut bacon and wrap, secure with toothpick or skewer.
3. Heat skillet to medium heat, add coconut oil. Allow to heat!
4. Dip the chicken, coat evenly by flipping or coating with hands, be gentle with wrapped tenders as the bacon can come undone! Make sure every nook and cranny of the chicken is coated with coconut and spices.
5. Add each tender to oil, one at a time, let cook for about 3 minutes, flip chicken cook for 3 and repeat about 3 times. If you have a cover, cover the bacon wrapped tenders for ONE of the round of 3 for a completely cooked chicken tender. Add more parsley towards end for taste and garnish.
6. Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!
Tasty Rating: 10!
This is such an amazing recipe (isn’t anything wrapped in bacon wonderful!?). I will definitely be eating this at least once a month. Next time I plan on making a trillion of them and freezing them to enjoy later. This would also make a good snack because they are bite-sized!